Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Time off for bad behavior

How are you going to spend your 3-day weekend? Trip to the islands? Cruise to Mexico? DIZ-NEY?

Or are you going to be like me and spend your long weekend at home? I’ve taken more couch vacations than I care to remember. Long days spent watching TV, playing video games and re-reading old magazines.

I think I envy the art directors here. Three days off means three days to work on your system. Maybe you’ll even make a trip to the Apple Store and pick up a new Mac or some software (probably a new Mac).

You guys have it so lucky. Building the perfect Mac is a ton of work. So you have to finish this “huge project” before you can even begin your “get the hell out of advertising” project. And the best part is, just when you’re about to complete the ultimate Mac system, it’s time to start all over again with a new machine.

Copywriter can’t do this. I mean, what are we going to do? Buy a new pencil? Upgrade to Word 2007? Learn French? The only way we can delay our PROJECT is with family obligations or heavy drinking.

So I hope you art directors enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend. And remember, if I run into you at the Genius Bar, I’m buying.

1 comment:

jager6272 said...

When do you buy?!?!?!?!?!?! 'cause i would like to be there.