Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Fun


Last weekend, Los Angeles played host to the 2008 AnimeExpo. I decided to attend and see what it was all about.

I bought my ticket and dove into a sea of anime fans dressed as characters from their favorite shows. There were people dressed as Japanese schoolgirls, French maids, mutants, samurai, transformers, wiimotes, Hello Kitties, more schoolgirls, French maids with gas masks(?) and the occasional Jedi.

But my favorite moment was when I saw her:


I suddenly remembered that these people buy shit, a lot of shit. They are young, urban, highly-educated and with tons of disposable cash (Those French Maid costumes must cost a bundle.)

In other words, they are one of our targets.

So remember fellow advertisers, no matter how bad you want to mock a group always keep in mind rule 27 of marketing.

It doesn’t matter how crazy you are. If you’ve got a credit card, we want to talk to you.

1 comment:

Joker said...

Especially if you're wearing a schoolgirl or french maid outfit :D